Monday 8 March 2010

Thin Ice


Once again, I have continued to give some money back to the IPoker HU community this month, although I played quite a few hands yesterday and finished up, despite running into a lot of sets (or so it felt). I really need to try and get over the sense of entitlement to pots that Tommy Angelo talks about – it weighs on my mind and can’t be good for my game or for me generally.

I am looking to switch IPoker skin at the moment. There is a long thread on 2+2 at the moment about some allegedly shady goings on at Chili, and with my friend able to sort something out at William Hills (where I will feel that my money is way more secure), it seems silly not to change providing I can secure a decent rakeback deal.

Elsewhere on the poker scene, the high stakes games have been running and it appears that Isildur can’t kick his PLO addiction and is (again) heading for busto. Much more interestingly, some people thought they were entitled to the whole EPT Berlin prize pool, and they took hand grenades with them to make sure. Beats flipping it off with AK against a pair heads-up, I guess.
West Ham produced a real stinker of a performance at home to Bolton. I could go on all day about how bad we were, but I wouldn’t want to bore you. Supposed club captain, who fancies an extension to his £65k a week contract, needs to take a long hard look of himself after bottling marking Kevin Davies, passed him over to the inexperienced James Tomkins, who proceeded to get it handed to him. Davies, as always against us, was excellent, as was the Korean in midfield.

We conceded the first goal when Diamanti bottled out on a challenge and we went downhill from there – nobody looked up for the game on our side, which is incredible given the importance of the match to both sides. We hit the bar in injury time but deserved nothing from the game and a 2-1 defeat flattered us. The only plus point for the day was sitting near comedian, fat bloke and West Ham fan Phil Jupitus on the tube – and that is hardly a plus point.

Chelsea and Arsenal away are next for us, I can only hope Chelsea persist with Hilario in goal, and clone him and play him in all the outfield positions too. Both Hull and Burnley were handily beaten this weekend – I still think we’ll stay up, as I have said before, because everyone else is terrible. I can’t see the manager being here beyond the end of the season and it sounds like the owners are going to hack the squad up to reduce the wage bill – and if that is what is required, so be it. Perhaps football might return to some sort of sanity soon enough.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment