Monday 22 March 2010

Match Fixing

Following on from last week’s surprisingly upbeat entry, I promptly stacked of 6 BI at $100nl the following night to a pretty bad player that had a nasty habit of continually making the nuts and sucking out on the odd occasion that he got it in behind. I went through some of the hands with my coach – I thought a lot of the hands were “standard”, but I (unsurprisingly) made a good few mistakes too. I have clawed back some of the losses but might struggle to make 10k hands this month.

Elsewhere on the poker scene, its another week, another high profile MA/collusion scandal. The behaviour (and lying after being caught) from these people makes me puke, as does Full Tilt’s apparent inability/unwillingness to do anything about it.


West Ham lost 2-0 to Arsenal, despite playing against ten men for 45 minutes. We missed a penalty at 1-0 and hit the post, but didn’t do enough to win it. I passed up on a ticket as the result was an inevitability. I was pissed off with a couple of our players for diving (I’m looking at you Robert Kovac and Valon Behrami), although Aaron Ramsey must be happy that him breaking his leg wasn’t a complete waste since his manager’s comments afterwards appear to have allowed his players to claim free-kicks at will.

The weekend’s big game saw Manchester United beat Liverpool 2-1. The penalty was somewhat controversial as to me it looked outside the box, but I thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch for the challenge. Still, I had a few quid on the Mancs to win, so I shan’t complain, and it erased some of my losses from Cheltenham during the week.

Oh, and match fixing is alive and well in Italy.

With both Burnley and Hull losing on Saturday, West Ham somehow retain their position. We have a massive game against an improved Wolves side tomorrow, where nothing but a win will do. I can only see us getting a point at best, but Parker will be back. I was reasonably encouraged by Daprela’s performance at left back on Saturday, Herita Ilunga should take note.

I went to see Crazy Heart at the cinema yesterday. I quite enjoyed it, I really like Jeff Bridges, but I came away thinking that it was basically The Wrestler but about music. It is worth a watch though.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment