Friday 29 January 2010

January Wrap-Up

With the month nearly at an end, results have been awesome - nearly 14,000 hands played (more than I have done before) and profit of $2.6k, with rakeback to come. Weeeeeeeee! I'm pretty pleased with this - I have definitely run well and played some people that I am surprised haven't electrocuted themselves by dribbling too much on their PC whilst playing, but I have played well enough and kept tilt to a minimum. My Ipoker account balance is now $7k, which rules given that it was under $2k at the start of December.



I am finding MTTs somewhat frustrating and haven't hit a decent score in a while. I probably don't play enough to justify playing them, so I will be focusing my efforts on HU cash for the time being. I'm thinking of taking a shot at $100nl, which isn't much of a shot as £50nl is effectively $80nl at current rates. That said, I am kind of happy with my progress at present.

West Ham picked up a 1-1 draw at Portsmouth, despite a blatant elbow in the build up to Portsmouth's equaliser, I am not unhappy with the result. We look to be signing Benni McCarthy (after the Blackburn game on Saturday) and with Cole back and Nouble showing some promise (although he does look like he's free styling at times) the forward cupboard looks marginally less bare than it was. We still need a right-back of some description, I'd rather not do Spurs a favour and take Hutton off their hands as I think there is better value to be had elsewhere.

Scott Duxbury was handed his P45 at West Ham today. Good riddance, having presided over a couple of major fuck ups, the cunt should think himself lucky that he hung on as well as he did. I'll be glad not to read his spin in the papers any more. Speaking of P45s, mine is delayed due to my company's sale having been stalled, probably due to Barrack Obama's words the other day. I am quite happy with things as they are, so this doesn't bother me one bit.

More interesting than all of the above (and a reward for anyone that got this far without stopping to either sleep or read something more interesting) are the two following poker bits of gossip.
1) Man on the run. This can't be good for the poker economy, as my experience of French poker players is that they are so bad that they make the Italians look good in comparison.
2) Ho ho ho. A friend of mine was briefly coached by Jason. He was, by all accounts, an absolute wanker that deserves all he gets. He also looks like a transvestite. One thing that has pleased me is that he appears to have taken all the money that he has scammed and dumped it back to the poker economy, so it should be filtering down to most readers of this blog at some point soon.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment