Friday 15 January 2010

The Beginning of the End

Not for me and pokerz, for me and the current employer. My company, which is part-owned by RBS, has been subject to an auction process over the last few weeks. It looks like we’re fairly close to finding a buyer, and at a guess I’ll be out of a job. This isn’t the disaster that it sounds – this is unlikely to happen overnight (as if I am laid off it will be constructive dismissal).

Basically, should they decide to give me the boot (I’m not sure they’ll require an advanced 2+2 surfer at the new place), they need to invoke a one or three month “consultation period” where they basically tell you that you are going to get the heave-ho. In this time I basically would do not a lot, probably making a token effort to come into the office (which is basically what I am doing now). I am on three months notice, so they would be likely to pay me that off. They would also be bound to pay me my bonus for 2010 (which is due in March 2011) and my 2009 bonus (which is due in March 2010) plus a redundancy payment. Overall, I’d be absolutely chuffed if they gave me the boot, I’d do well out of it financially and get to spend some (more) time doing fuck all. The missus wouldn’t be best pleased, but there you go. Furthermore, blog readers can look forward to updates on what is happening on the Jeremy Kyle show, which I’m sure they will find fascinating.

I played some donkaments last night with little to report bar a 9th place on Party where I busted at the final table with a questionable play. HU cash is continuing to go fine, I’m at over 7,500 hands for the month now and still ticking over a nice profit.

West Ham go to Aston Villa on Sunday. Villa are a decent outfit, their Carling Cup game against Blackburn last night was excellent. The Liverpool vs. Reading game was absolutely sensational on Wednesday too – despite the devaluing of the competition in recent years (thanks Arsene), I still enjoy it as much as ever and the two big upsets in the third round this year will have done wonders for interest in it.

West Ham still hasn’t been sold. Supposedly the dildo salesman and his mate are in pole position as they are the only ones with some money, the Intermarket lot are talking a good game but haven’t actually shown anyone that they have the money to buy it, Tony Fernandes it twatting about it relentlessly and an Italian fraudster that owns Calgiari is also interested. It is hardly the agony of choice, but given that I don’t have a choice anyway, it doesn’t really matter.

Redknapp was charged with cheating the public revenue yesterday. It is a shame they haven’t got him with anything more substantial/serious, but hopefully they can interrogate him in a dignified fashion that also extracts a confession for anything else he might have forgotten to tell them.


No comments:

Post a Comment