Wednesday 6 January 2010

It's Cold Outside


Three days back at work has confirmed to me that I really don’t like it that much. It is chucking snow down here and England are 101/1 chasing a monster 466 in Cape Town and West Ham got dumped out of the FA Cup by L’Arse. Happy Fucking New Year.

Poker has started well, I’m nicely ahead playing heads-up after finishing up around $1,700 last month, with rakeback to come. Her indoors is out on Friday and a couple of other nights during the month, which should enable me to stack off a considerable amount in tournaments too – so the MTT community, you are welcome for me juicing the prize pool for you.

New Years Eve was a sterile affair, I stayed in and went to bed early, it was fucking tremendous – I didn’t get tucked up for a single overpriced drink that I had to wait 20 minutes for. We were at a wedding on the 2nd of January, which was a good do. Stag do preparations continue in earnest, I’m still scared.

West Ham’s ownership status remains up in the air, with Gold & Sullivan/Intermarket/Tony Fernandes/Some Americans all in the frame. Knowing the Icelanders they will probably hang on to the club and ship out a couple of players instead. I won’t recount the defeats to Spurs and Arsenal here, although I was somewhat heartened by our performance against the Goons.

I’ll keep this update brief as (for once) I don’t have much to say – except, Wayne, if you’re reading, YOU SHOULD NOT BE AND SHOULD BE PLAYING A SESSION INSTEAD. Give us a cuddle, you cunt. ;)

Good luck at the tables.

3 comments:

  1. Nice result in the HU mate. I LOL'd at the comment on my blog, think you just about hit the nail on the head, this country is in a shit state.

    That pic is quality!

    Happy new year mate

    ATB

    BM

    ReplyDelete
  2. PMSL at the snowmen poker game, comedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they've even got the beers in too. I wouldn't mind about the snow but I can still get to work instead of sitting around playing poker and watching the cricket, which basically makes it a pain in the hole.

    Good luck for 2010 fellas!

    ReplyDelete