Tuesday 2 February 2010

Window Shopping

On the back of an epic January for me I started February as I mean to go on in the cash games, by winning a flip for a full stack on my first hand. Her indoors is out tonight so I aim to play a fairly long session.



I had a lesson with Aero last night. We spoke on a topic that I had been meaning to talk about for a while – playing out of position. I think that this was probably the most valuable lesson that I have had in a while and, hopefully, should save me a fortune. I won’t go into the details but he basically said “a lot of players do x, y and z” – which basically described how I play out of position. He then ran through alternatives and why my current strategy basically wasn’t all that good. Overall I think that this lesson on its own will probably save me a fortune.

On the football front, the transfer window has closed and Sky will have to find something else to clutter SSN with. West Ham signed Benni McCarthy plus Mido and some Brazilian bloke (both until the end of the season). I would have liked to see us bring a full-back in but otherwise I am not unhappy, hopefully this should give us enough fire-power to keep us up.

The game against Blackburn was a dreadful 0-0 draw. We were crap and Blackburn had no ideas beyond hoofing it in the general direction of Christopher Samba’s head. The beautiful game, I don’t think. The Croat centre forward that Blackburn had looked decent though.
In other news, John Terry has been a naughty boy after going roaring up Wayne Bridge’s ex and then trying to keep it out of the press. He is a disgusting scrote and should be stripped of the England captaincy, I hope Capello doesn’t bottle it.

Good luck to Leeds tomorrow in the FA Cup, hopefully they will dump Spurs out and let Redknapp focus on filling his tax return in properly as it has clearly been an issue in the past. Also, good luck to all at the tables.

4 comments:

  1. Terry is way out of line, yet I bet the tabloids still treat him like the sun shines out of his arse. sigh.

    What are you getting coaching for mate? GL with it anyways.

    ATB

    BM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed mate, he's a complete cunt - you can take the boy out of Barking, but you can't take Barking out of the boy.

    I'm being coached by Aero1441 - his blog is linked on the right "Blog of a Twente University student". I rate him and he's a cool guy too. He can't teach the run good though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hoops,

    Any chance you could change our link URL to www.pokerhitsquad.com/blog so it updates when we post a new blog :) linked you up too.

    Take care, Thanks,

    Sunny

    ReplyDelete