Monday 15 February 2010

Marriage Guidance

Poker can suck my hairy balls this month, 9k hands has me down £600 ish. I haven’t played well or run well, so no time for complaining, I just want to get back to playing better, which I guess requires more hard work (not one of my strong points).

Off the felt West Ham grabbed a vital 2-0 win at home to Birmingham. A beautiful Diamanti free-kick and a neat Cole header after Faubert got around the back of the defence wrapped up the points – we were solid enough, but Birmingham (minus Benitez up front) didn’t offer all too much. We’re at home to Hull on Saturday – this is a huge game for us, another win would be an absolutely massive result.

I didn’t see much of the FA Cup this weekend, but the Palace vs. Villa game was an absolute belter. I’m torn between liking and hating Neil Warnock, as he talks a lot of absolute bollocks, but is in a lot of ways a real football man.

The Premier League have come up with a crackpot idea to try and make the league more exciting. Instead of awarding the fourth Big Cup slot to the team that comes fourth in the league, they are now going to play-off for it (4th-7th place). Sounds retarded to me, they’d be better simply awarding it to the FA Cup winner IMO. I’m not sure exactly when they’re going to play off when there is an international competition in the Summer, and with managers already bitching about fixture congestion, I wouldn’t have thought more fixtures was the answer.

I saw “A Single Man” this weekend. It is a superb film, I highly recommend it. There is some decent stuff on at the moment, I wanted to see “A Prophet” but never got my arse in gear and missed it. I have also been watching Nathan Barley, which is fucking awesome, and I have a particular affection for given the number of Hoxton twats I see on a daily basis.

I went with Lucy to a “marriage course” yesterday. It is compulsory to do so before you get married in a Catholic church. I wasn’t particularly up for it – I’m no fan of religion in any form, but the whole thing was reasonably useful.

I have to get the wedding invites out this week, which should be fun as tasks like this tend to raise both of our stress levels.

It is a day late, but with Valentine’s Day being yesterday and with anyone wanting to woo a lady, I’ve hear that the following never fails – thank me later. So good luck at the tables and with the ladies.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I've got a knife
So get in the van.

No comments:

Post a Comment