Tuesday 6 April 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

I had a relatively pleasant evening of donkamenting on Friday, bubbling the FT of the Party $109 and coming 7th in the FTP $109, plus a couple of other small scores. Once again I was happy with my play and spoke for a while with some of the PXF guys, who are a good bunch and made me miss the place in some ways. Her indoors is on her hen do this weekend so I should be able to tilt off a significant number of buy-ins on Friday and Saturday night.

Elsewhere it looks like the US just turned up the heat on Full Tilt’s owners, with a court case coming their way soon. For hysteria and badly informed nonsense with the occasional well-informed post, see here.

I spent the remainder of the Easter weekend doing wedding related shit in Battle. To be honest I’ve had enough of it now, even though I’ve probably done about 20% of the work involved and just want to have the day and (more importantly) go on the honeymoon. I hate being centre of attention so the day itself doesn’t excite me that much, particularly when you add to this the fact that it will make me about twenty grand poorer.

West Ham battled back from a goal down twice to salvage a 2-2 draw at Everton. A booking to Scott Parker means he misses the next two games, which is a huge blow. However the nature of the performance (despite a missed penalty and two goals conceded through poor defending) left me a good deal more optimistic than after the defeats against Wolves and Stoke. We play Sunderland at home on Saturday in a game that is massive for us, especially with Hull taking on Burnley at the same time. Carlton Cole looked a good deal more like his old self than he has for a while, which bodes well.


A severely depleted Arsenal side take on a slightly depleted Barcelona side in the second leg of their Big Cup game tonight, with Manchester United doing the same with Bayern on Wednesday. I couldn’t really give a fuck about the Mancs, but I sincerely hope Arsenal are on the receiving end of a heavy defeat, followed by a severe dose of the shits caused by some eleven day old gambas a la plancha that they get served in their post-match meal on Las Ramblas, the cunts.

It’s good to see comments from Joka and Asterix on my last post, confirming my blog readership holding firm at an impressive two. I may post pictures of naked sloots in order to recruit further readers, even if they are of a significantly lower calibre.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment