Friday 24 April 2009

Creative License

Well, not so much creative license as an idea from everyone’s favourite German, Joka (Jonas). He suggested writing about this hand from the latest episode of HSP. Original thought isn’t one of my strong points, so all royalties from this part of the blog go to him. Luckily these amount to a total of $0.00, so I shan’t be further crippling the UK’s balance of payment deficit and Jonas is still going to have to take that job working in insurance.

Anyway, onto the hand. Asking me to comment on a high stakes cash game is kind of like asking me to comment on the workings of the Indian Railway network – whilst I might find both interesting, I’m not qualified to talk about over. In this instance, it won’t stop me having a go though.

When Dwan 5 bets Lederer here, why on earth doesn’t he stick it in his eye or fold? I’m assuming Dwan’s table image is LAG. I just don’t really know what The Professor (sic) is thinking. He clearly needs lesson for Jonas (see my description of his AK hand vs. Moorman in the WSOPE ME in an earlier entry). Howard – if you’re out there buddy, drop Jonas a line, he’ll coach you in how to play tricky hands like this for an hourly rate. Until then, stick to coming up with great comments like “he’s a freak and a very weird dude”.

There is little to update on the poker side or otherwise. I’d like to get some donkamenting in tonight and possibly on Sunday and next Tuesday as her indoors is likely to be out.

The weather has been glorious in London this week. I’m serious. No, really. West Ham take on Chelsea tomorrow, where I expect us to take our standard drubbing and it to revert to being overcast and raining, with Lampard playing the pantomime villain role (and scoring at some point). Hopefully Zola will manage to avoid another love-in with his former club, as much as I like him it showed disrespect to his current employers at the game at Stamford Bridge. Whatever happens, they’re still cunts, no matter how many millions of roubles they have funding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment