Wednesday 18 March 2009

We've Gone On Holiday By Mistake!

There has been little action to report on the poker front, barring generating rake for FTP by playing some SNGs. I’m likely to switch sites for playing SNGs soon due to someone sorting me out a very profitable rakeback deal on an alternative site that appears to have reasonable traffic (FTP won’t allow me rakeback as I am already affiliated so fuck them IMO).

Her indoors is going to see her parents this weekend and with the weather forecast looking good I am going to use the time by sitting in a darkened room and playing loldonkaments, something I haven’t really done much this year. Jonas (joka from PXF) is also in London this weekend so I might be able to catch up with him for a couple of refreshing ales.

London is enjoying some unseasonably warm and sunny weather at the moment – we sat outdoors for lunch with some friends on the South Bank last Sunday and I somehow managed to get very slightly sunburnt despite having avoided doing so over a whole week in St Lucia. For all its failings, London is great in the sun – we see the fucking thing so little that when it does come out everyone is so happy and there is an unusually pleasant atmosphere about the place.

I am slowly getting back into the swing of things back at work. It seems slightly less pressurised than when I worked here previously (I left this job two years ago and went to work elsewhere and have now returned). What I think of the new owners of this company is probably best left for another time, although it appears on first blush that I’ll probably be relatively happy here for the foreseeable future and some of the reasons why I left last time have gone away (indeed I was informed that my annual leave is 25 days as opposed to 20, which it was previously, which was a pleasant surprise as it said 20 days in the contract).


Whilst I was away the auction of Sleddale Hall that appeared in the film “Withnail & I” went up for auction. For those that haven’t seen the film, you should, as it is probably my favourite film of all time.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Withnail-And-I-Farmhouse-In-Film-Called-Sleddale-Hall-Bought-By-Pub-Owner-Richard-E-Grant-In-Film/Article/200902315224421

Anyway, I’m pleased that this has been sold to someone that gives a shit, as opposed to Kate Moss and her cunty chums using it as some place to party. It is a little piece of history and the general public should be allowed to visit it.

West Ham’s turgid 0-0 draw with West Brom on Monday revealed the following:
1) That I will laugh in the face of the next person that tells me that the Premiership is the best league in the world.
2) That West Brom will be relegated.
3) That our squad is very thin indeed. With a full team playing only the bench that consists of has-beens and never-will-bes, we’re a decent side. With a few injuries to key players we are relegation candidates. Someone told me that we haven’t won a game without the much-derided Carlton Goal in the side in over a year – wtf?
4) Mark Halsey needs shooting if he didn’t see Lucas Neill’s umpteenth rugby tackle in the penalty area this season.
GL Bishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment