Monday 27 September 2010

Kick Start

I played a reasonable number of tournaments last week, redeeming some poor results with fifth in the Party $109 for $930, which meant I pretty much broke even. I played some HU cash yesterday, with a measly 6,500 hands on the board for Semptember I am up around $850. This featured a session against a reg that claimed he was formerly a $2k NL player that got his roll busted by Isildur (yeah, right). I finished down to him before he quit me when he claimed I was running good (I wasn't) and talked a load more shit.

I turned 35 on Friday and enjoyed a pretty good Italian meal at 500, an Italian Restaurant at the top of Holloway Road near Archway tube station. It's kind of an odd location for a good restaurant as most of the places around there are Irish pubs with alcoholics propping up the bar. One of my friends tells an amusing story about some bloke in one of them having shat himself in the toilets and walking out through the pub naked apart from his shoes, clutching his soiled trousers. Nice place. The meal was good though.


The highlight of the weekend came on Saturday when West Ham produced an excellent 90 minutes to deservedly beat Spurs 1-0. Not a single player had a poor game for us, Rob Green made a world-class save from Luka Modric, and Frederic Piquionne in particular was excellent up front and deserved his goal. We played exactly how I want a West Ham side to play - everyone gave everything and we passed the ball nicely but didn't shirk the physical stuff. This resulted in a rousing atmosphere - credit to both sides, they came out to win the game and there was barely a bad tackle in the game. I thought we outmatched them all over the park and overall we have had a nice seven days after our draw at Stoke and win in the Carling Cup at Sunderland.

The Sunderland win coincided with the birth of Leo, my friend's son. His father is a West Ham fan, so I think the least he could do is get the date and result tattooed on his little boy's forehead. Overall it has made a mockery of some early suggestions that Grant should leave (I'm looking at you, Steve Stammers at The Mirror, you fucking wanker - I look forward to your admission that you were wrong and that your paper is a shitrag).

Good luck at the tables.

4 comments:

  1. Do you play at Party a lot? Is it always full of weak-tight Germans who randomly spaz out and stack off with bugger all?

    I've only played 4.2k hands there and I can't believe some of the stuff I am seeing, admittedly its the micros but nobody has a clue, even the regs are shit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt - I play a few tournaments there, the fields are weaker and smaller and the structure has recently improved. Aside from traditional spazzes, the majority are just a set of complete nits. There are some people with good tournament records at reasonably high buy-ins who are (IMO) just all kinds of awful.

    I've played very little cash there, the HU lobby is full (as far as I can tell) of bumhunting nitty regfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great result for the hammers, fkin HATE Spurs. im goin to Fulham game if ur about?

    ReplyDelete