Tuesday 1 December 2009

On The Rebound

Like the filthy whore that I am, I found myself utterly unable to resist the lure of rakeback at Ipoker and returned to playing HU there ($50NL). This has gone surprisingly well, due to various things – mainly (1) the terrible standard of play (2) me having improved considerably and (3) me being about 3% of the tiltbox that I was previously thanks to Tommy Angelo. A reg that I simply could not beat previously (not due to running bad, simply because I couldn’t exploit how he was playing) sat with me at two tables – despite not playing many huge pots or flipping at all, I beat him out of two buy-ins – not that this is much of a guide to how well I have been playing, but I felt totally in control of the match for the majority of the time.

I’m hoping that the last two week or so of me playing in a more considered and less tilty fashion and being less results-oriented will continue. I was off work yesterday, recovering from a nasty stomach upset and managed 1700 hands for a $200 profit, which was good for morale.

There has been little else going on – West Ham beat Burnley 5-3 on Saturday. After an hour of devastating attacking football putting us 5-0 ahead, our failings were exposed (i.e. not having a right back) and we looked really shaking at the end. The pluses (Parker, Franco, our attacking football) were largely overshadowed by the negatives (defending, letting a team that we had crushed back into the game, Cole sustaining a nasty knee injury that will leave him out for at least a month).

The FA Cup provided a nice home tie against Arsenal. Sadly I am at a wedding that day so hopefully Sky will move the fixture to the Sunday, thereby inconveniencing everyone else except me. Leeds (Boooooo! Hissssssssss! etc.) will play Manchester United as long as they get past Kettering, which will be the usual warm friendly affair, I’m sure Asterix will be watching the game in Austria in a sedate fashion and not launching beer glasses at the TV whilst shouting “cunt” every time the camera pans to The Imperial Lord Ferg. We have those cunts at home next week (The Mancs, not Leeds, we’ll be playing them in the Championship next season though), although I hold out little hope for a result.

I fucking love FA Cup third round day, it is still my favourite day of the football calendar. This is amazing given how often my own side departs the competition at this stage. I remember as a young boy when we got knocked out by Torquay and John Lyall’s excuse was “it was a warm night for January” which was an absolute pearler, even that cunt Redknapp would struggle to top that one.

I’ll update later on plans for the stag, although I can’t imagine why you lot are so interested in me spending a weekend with a chin-mounted dildo super-glued to my face whilst being heavily intoxicated.

Good luck at the tables.

5 comments:

  1. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. If we can please beat Kettering next Tuesday, Jan 2nd (although this one may very well be a sky game on Sunday?) will be my new Christmas for this year! It sure a fuck better be on a TV somewhere in this pisshole country and I will find it! We must be the only team in the country averaging 2,5pts/game so therefore, are OBV the best team in the land. Should be an easy win vs those dirty mancunian cunts!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    I had a look at the premiership table today for the first time in a while and couldn't help but grin at man city and their current form. All that money spent and they can't muster up a win in the past 7! Villa/Wigan/Fulham/Birm/Burnley/Scouse bastards/Hull. Go fuck yourself Hughesy. Thats what you get for being a dirty scum fuckwad imo! With any luck you will soon be joining the line down at the job centre... bwahahahahaha.

    Coming to Upton Park and giving you boys a hiding like we always used to should be fun too! I'm glad you reminded me of that one...

    MARCHING ON TOGETHER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, have you been at the lighter fluid again? All I'll say is: Nigel Winterburn, Elland Road, 1-0.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pfft... Barmby, K(unt)ewel (2), Viduka, Upton Park, 4-3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And before this goes any further...

    http://www.leedsdfc.co.uk/veterans/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=2

    should just about put the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Play to the whistle lads. Oh.

    I was at the 4-3. All I remember was the Super Tomas Repka vs. Mark Viduka feud, with Roeder stood on the touchline in his leather jacket that he probably got from Next.

    ReplyDelete