Thursday 22 October 2009

Cheese?



I’m going to be needing some to go with my whine. And it is a totally unjustified whine really, just so you know. And I’m not so much pissed off about it, just slightly deflated. And I don’t really even have any right to be, and I know that.

Anyway, last night I played a bunch of donkaments having stolen out of work half an hour early. I was in two minds whether to play the $50 1r 1a on FTP, but decided to anyway as the field is modestly sized, which I like. I ended up final tabling that and coming 7th for a shade under $1k, which is nice. I was down to < 1bb in this at one point when I called a 20bb open shove from the CO with TT and lost to KJ, which is a totally standard spot.

Elsewhere (and here’s the whinge) I was deep in the FTP 163, 18k for 1st place, approaching the bubble. I get KK all in vs AK when we’re into the money for a massive chip lead, obv the guy rivers and ace. So down to 20bb and in the middle of the pack, I open QQ UTG+1, 20bb stack in the small blind (who I suspected was loose/spewy) jams (I’m never light here, virtually never folding and have him dominated a bunch of the time when he has me dominated never), I snap vs his KQs, he flops a straight and turns a flush and that’s me. So I’m left in the $55, into the money, in decent shape (20th out of 50 or so), I lose KQ < KT, AJ < 99, 99 < AQ and I’m out of that as well.

Here’s what is really disgusting – my attitude. Over the last week I’ve played the best tournament poker of my life, by quite a long way. I turned a decent profit in the last week, and last night alone. I should be happy – I have absolutely no right to complain. Guys that play more regularly than me go through this day in, day out. As a tournament poker player, in fact as a poker player in general – stuff like this is totally standard, and when you’re turning a profit of any kind you really can’t grumble.

One of my pet hates is people that make money playing poker and complain about how bad they run. I mean, we all run bad (or perceive ourselves as running bad) at times. A lot of the time. And I vent occasionally (which is basically all I am doing above) but I try to keep a lid on it, it isn’t productive and is about as fun for the recipient (who also has to pretend to care) of the venting as having their nuts beaten with a steak tenderiser.

Cliff Notes: I’m a cunt

With that out the way, there’s (yet another) multi-accounting scandal going on with Bryn Kenney and Lildolhem (and others) brewing. I quite enjoy stuff like this, providing that people keep up the number of drama bombs to ensure stuff remains interesting.

I’m off on a stag do this weekend to Bournemouth. I’m looking forward to it, my liver isn’t.

GL at the tables.

6 comments:

  1. Cliff notes only confirm what the rest of us have known all along I'm afraid! ;-)

    Totally agree about the attitude thing being a problem. Probably doesn't help you that you have to listen to me complaining most days about how badly I run ever though I am way above EV in lifetime winnings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you moaning Paddy twat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are more relevant for you making me have to listen to 6 seconds of Terry fucking Christian rather than only the 2 that you appologised for! Dirty West Ham spunk bubble!

    O, and F pokerz! I haven't played a hand since the end of March (apart from a PXF sub tourney that I got ass raped heads up in) and I don't miss it one little bit! I only wish I had stopped back in '07 when I was a winning player and could have taken some $$$ out of the game!!! sigh (god I run bad...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obv brag about making the top 2 in the only tourney you have played. ;)

    How come you have quit playing?

    Sorry about Terry Christian. 6 seconds of that Manc cunt is too much for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just been really busy with rennovating the house and the wife and 3 kids! On top of that, I just lost all my motivation. I will probably spunk all that I have online on some Sundayaments and see if I can't luckbox some kind of score and then say "adios".

    Nice little comeback today for your boys. Shame those dirty pikey cunts rolled us yesterday. It would be nice to actually come away from that shithole with a result for once. Guess we better beat up on the Gas on Tuesday to make up for it. Bunch of inbred bristolian twats (OBV I'm not inbred as I moved away...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divorce and adoption must be an option. :)

    Yeah I'd recommend lucksacking. Having played with Breeth, I can say that he has built a career on it. Just open every 2nd pot and play Ax like its the nuts = profit.

    Yeah, was disappointed that you got rolled by the scum. Cracking result for us, hopefully the fightback will provide us with a springboard. Obviously Wenger's comments post match were the usual bollocks, I hope he gets hit by a flaming grease bus.

    ReplyDelete