Tuesday 2 March 2010

Cock


Last month was pretty terrible on the HU front, I finished down over $1k. In 800 hands yesterday I managed to stack off $330, despite playing alright overall. I’m on a bit of a downer about my game right now and am probably a little tilty, which I need to snap out of.

Her indoors is possibly out on Thursday so might play some donkaments to break up the routine. My horse is in a fair bit of make-up right now, he has gone close a few times without managing to get over the line for a big score. Hopefully he’ll run better, not for me (actually, fuck it, for me) but because he tends to take being in make up quite badly (and when you are staked you are in make up all the time unless you have just delivered a score) and he’s a good guy that deserves a break.

The Mancs won the Carling Cup this weekend. I’m not sure how Vidic managed to avoid a red card for an identical challenge to the one that the Chelsea right back went off for on Saturday. Despite hating all of the lame hype about Bridge and Terry, the second half was an absolute belter and his thrown the title race wide open. However, this was all topped buy Craig Bellamy’s post match interview, when he might as well have just called John Terry a cock. I was a big fan of Bellamy when he played for us – clearly the bloke has an attitude but he always gave 100% when he was on the pitch, not to mention being a very good player.

I backed Arsenal to win the league a couple of weeks back at 8/1, and that price is now into 3/1, which I am tempted to close out. Their win was marred by a horrible injury to Aaron Ramsey. I have seen the challenge and, whilst I think he went in hard, I think it was on the borderline of reckless, however the comments of Wenger were (unsurprisingly) over the top, which is remarkable given that the assault by Gallas against Bolton a couple of weeks before was something he was happy to gloss over. And let us not forget that it was Wenger that fielded a team including the two angels that were Keown and Vieira, plus numerous others in that side that knew how to put themselves about (including elbows Bergkamp).

West Ham play Bolton on Saturday. This is a big game for us – a win would give us a significant lift and probably leave us needing only two more wins and a couple of draws to guarantee safety, unless the bottom group of sides collectively pull their socks up over the remainder of the season, which looks unlikely. HMRC have understandably dragged Portsmouth back to the courts this week, but as time ticks by it appears more likely that they will survive the season.

In other news, a horrible dragon threatens Fantasyland.

Good luck at the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment